CReSIS and NSF are committed to recruiting, retaining and educating students within a diverse, multidisciplinary research team that focuses on topics related to global climate change and remote sensing. Equally important is our goal to reach out to K-12 students, their teachers and the general public. We want to give them resources to learn more about the Polar Regions and understand how they are studied, so all members of society can better comprehend why changes in Polar Regions could impact everyone in the world.
During summer 2010, selected students worked with a team mentor on projects which involved learning the fundamentals of earth science. Participants will also:
- Learn about Remote Sensing and Satellite Imagery
- Take scientific measurements in the fields of atmosphere and hydrology
- Learn about the Polar Regions
- Publish their research projects
- Collaborate with scientists and faculty
Registration Information can be found at: