CReSIS and NSF are committed to recruiting, retaining and educating students within a diverse, multidisciplinary research team that focuses on topics related to global climate change and remote sensing. Equally important is our goal to reach out to K-12 students, their teachers and the general public. We want to give them resources to learn more about the Polar Regions and understand how they are studied, so all members of society can better comprehend why changes in Polar Regions could impact everyone in the world.
During summer 2007, selected students worked with a team mentor on projects which involved learning the fundamentals of earth science. Participants also:
- Learned about Remote Sensing and Satellite Imagery
- Took scientific measurements in the fields of atmosphere and hydrology
- Learned about the Polar Regions
- Published their research projects
- Collaborated with scientists and faculty